When working with service references in Dynamics AX I often experience problems when trying to regenerate the service reference – for instance when the service definition has changed. The actual regeneration process succeeds, but when consuming the service reference new methods which I know was added (I can see them, when browsing the wsdl) are missing.
To workaround this issue the following has become the solution for me:
- Go to the application folder. The application folder can be found in the “microsoft Dynamics AX server configuration utility”
- Within the application folder – open the “Service references” folder.
- Delete the folder with the same name as your service reference
For each AOS in your setup – do the following:
- Stop the AOS service
- Go to the folder “Dynamics AX” of the user running the AOS service. This could look something like this: C:\Users\sa-dynax\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Dynamics Ax, where “sa-dynax” is the user running the AOS service.
- For each AOS you will have an instance folder.
- Make sure only to apply changes to instances in the desired setup – eg. the testenvironment
- In this case we can see that only the instance “01” is active and running.
- in this case we are entering the folder “C:\Users\sa-dynax\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Dynamics Ax1” – since “01” is the active instance.
- Enter the “ServiceReferences” folder.
- Locate the folder with the same name as your ServiceReference in the Dynamics Ax AOT.
- Delete the folder
- Start the AOS service.
When the AOS service is starting, all service references from the application folder will be replicated to each AOS.
Sometimes this fails – and therfore causing the problem above.